PayPal is the electronic commerce which allows payments and money transfers to be made through the Internet or other computer network. This online business is a great way to send and receive funds from employers/employees, ecommerce buyers/sellers, or any other transactions that you might need to make. It is a convenient way to transfer money. However, in order for you to use PayPal, you should make a PayPal account first. To create an account, you will need to visit their site by opening your Internet browser and typing http://www.paypal.com on your address bar. There are links on the home page that take you to d the ifferent areas of the site but locate the Sign up link and it will direct you to the first step. The first step will ask you to choose your country or region where you live and then choose an account that best suits you. There are three types of accounts for you to choose from such as:
- Personal: For individuals who shop and pay Online
- Premier: For individuals who sells online and want to be paid Online
- Business: For merchants who operate under a company/group name
- Next you will be instructed to enter your personal information on the box. You need fill all the boxes in order for you to proceed to the next step. These are:
- Email Address – this is important for you to log into the PayPal.
- Password – with at least minimum of 8 characters.
- Legal First name
- Legal Last name
- Address line 1
- Address line 2 – this could be optional if you have another address such as provincial address
- Zip code
- City or State
- Phone Type – either home, mobile, or work. You can choose the details of your city wherein you live for information about your phone number.
After filling in all the information in the boxes provided, you could read the PayPal user agreement where you will find the button you could click, if you agree or not with the agreement. PayPal would send comformation Email to so you to confirm the account and begin using the PayPal program. You will be directed to the PayPal home page and you will need to type in your username and account password in the box for you to log into. After completing all the steps you can now use your PayPal account anytime you want, send and receive money from your friends and other people you want to make transactions with.
Bills are written statements by how much money is owed for items purchased and services provided. It must be paid in a timely manner. Thanks to the advanced technology of today’s generation in which we can now pay our bills Online unlike using traditional money transfers or any other modes of payment we known before. One of the most popular advancement is using an online business money transfer or payment system called PayPal. This is one of the easiest ways to pay Online.
With this Online payment system you can send money from your credit or debit card, transfer money to and from your bank account, and pay online bills. You must have an account first in order for you to use it. You must also obtain an online debit card for your account by signing up for a PayPal debit card. This is free to all PayPal account holders and setting it up is also just as easy. On your PayPal account page, you need to fill in your bank account information and PayPal will send you a debit card and assign you a PIN. The process may take a few days for your card to arrive. If you received your debit card and a PIN and are ready to pay your Online bills, you must first make sure that there is enough funds in your PayPal account before paying your bills. You can pay your bills through your PayPal account but keep in mind that it will use first the funds in your PayPal account and may withdraw any overage needed from your backup source. This back up source will be coming from your bank account for the extra money needed in any case of shortage.
To pay your online bills through PayPal, here are some simple steps for you to be guided accordingly:
- The First step is for you to organize your bills into the ones you pay in person, by mail, online and the ones that you have set up as automatic withdrawal.
- Second, pay as many bills locally, in person with your PayPal debit card, but be sure to use your signature for the payment instead of using your PIN so that you can receive the 1 percent cash back.
- Third is for you to pay as many bills online as you can, such as your phone bill, Internet services, auto and home insurance and any other utilities. There are a lot of companies now that offer this kind of payment method through their websites.
- The Fourth step is to call any companies which you have set up an automatic withdrawal payment plan and ask if they accept payments from a PayPal account.
- And Fifth, send any payments you pay through mail, if there are any. Some of these companies may have an option on the payment stub where you can imput a credit card number and the expiration date.
Theft is the act or crime of stealing somebody else’s property without the consent of the person who is involved. These properties may not only be the ones we can see with our naked eyes, but could also be our personal information that is very important to us.
Thievery and stealing has existed since early ages, but in recent years it has become a very common crime which often extends into the global computer network or what we called the Internet. This kind of activity on the Internet is what we called the online identity theft. It has become more and more popular, and in contrast with the worst case, people are less and less careful with their personal information. The Internet has become a part of our daily necessity in our lives; thus we must protect and safely secure our personal information.
The main purpose why these online criminals are doing this kind of act is to impersonate individuals in order to get information and gaining financial aspects. You could ask yourself how could this possibly happen, because in your daily life you often find yourself needing to be cautious in revealing personal bits of information about yourself. This information is most likely our social security number, signature, name, address, phone numbers, and even banking and credit card information that we often used in browsing through the Internet. If this personal information is obtained by someone you don’t personally know or the worst a thief, he or she could be able to open your accounts anytime by using your info. This could be an easy way to gain all your financial property or open accounts and charge them to the maximum like a bank loan, gas credit card, department stores cards and other properties. Before you even realize it your identity has been compromised and you are getting a call from the card issuer or department store asking when you intend to start making your payments on the account. This could be a big problem for you to solve. However before this crime happens, you can prevent it by protecting your personal identity especially when browsing the Internet. Here are some simple tips safegarding your personal information. These tips include:
- Using a secure Web browser
- Setting up a private wireless connection
- Using different passwords
- Avoid saving email settings or password settings
- Logging out of your email account
- Using anti-virus software
- Using a Circumvent keystroke logger
- Installing pop-up-blocking software
- Employ off-the-record Messaging
- Never store passwords on a public computer
- Logging out of your bank account
- Keep your cell-phone number private
- When using a public machine, ensure they’re using a cloud computing antivirus system that will protect your data before you begin entering any login details.
The continuous development of technology enables a lot of companies to bring their business closer to the clients. The availability of online payments makes transactions so much easier since clients will not have to do the regular things that are required before. Paying finances with online
payments eliminated the need to go to a business center, stand in line, or wait for priority numbers. Paying bills online will effectively save both the company and the client time and money because of the easy transaction methods. There are many online finance guides that provide step by step instructions for doing this.
How Does Online Payment Work?
Paying your bills online may be something that you have done many times before. You may have usually taken for granted the fact that these payments involve complicated processes and calculations. Paying bills online will effectively save both the company and the client time and money because of the easy transaction methods. Utilizing something like, Mitratech eBilling might just be a great solution for you. Your computer and the merchant’s/company’s server will have to exponentially speak with one another in order to complete the process. A series of signals and data are sent back and for in a matter of seconds to complete the entire payment process.
What are the Types of Online Transactions?
Using different payment methods like debit cards, credit cards or electronic checks, there are three types of online transactions.
- One Time Customer to Vendor Payment – this type of payment usually happens when you shop online on different sites that sell different products. The usual process includes choosing a product, clicking on a shopping cart or buy, entering your credit card and other important information, then completing the sale. The site will process your payment and order and sends a confirmation email that will explain that you have made a successful transaction.
- Recurring Payment Method – this type of online transaction involves enrollment of your credit or debit card to a facility that will automatically charge during a certain set date. This type of payment method is usually available in companies offering monthly payment installations like phone, car insurance, and loan management companies.
- Automatic Bank to Vendor Charges – Most banks offer services known as online bill pay. You will be given the option to log in to the bank’s website, enter the vendor or seller’s information then authorize your bank to transfer funds electronically from your account to the seller’s account. This type of payment gives you the option to choose whether to do it one time or have it on a recurring payment method.
Secure Online Payment Concerns
One of the major concerns about online payment includes security. The rising number of identity theft has grown together with the number of people using online payments. Since you will be required to enter personal information like address, phone number, credit card numbers and even social security numbers the possibility of becoming a victim could be enormous. Thankfully, many ways were also developed to promote secure online payments. These include using secured username and passwords, 3 digit verification codes in credit cards, and many others. To avoid becoming victims make sure that you are purchasing through a trusted website and double check each transaction on your credit card bills.
Taking care of your finances online is one of the best ways to save time and money. Check out the many options that you can enjoy for online payments as well as the security methods that you need to apply when using online pay. Sending checks is a thing of the past with online bill pay. Consider the ease of being able to order checks online as apposed to the ease of actually paying your bills online and decide for yourself which will work better for your personal or business situation.